Saturday, August 8, 2009

Artists Week Journal

It’s Not Over Til It’s Over

Artists Week ends today. I think that by this time next year I will be working on a clearly-defined writing project. This year, just staying at my desk at least a couple of hours each morning and doing the Photoshop workshop in the afternoon has been my job. The Photoshop tutorial was a challenge. Nothing is more difficult for me than to be patient with myself when I am first learning something. I want to go friggin’ out of my “Beginners Mind”! Usually, what I want to do is clean something. That’s why I said to James late Thursday afternoon, “I’m sorry but I must go to town to buy paper towels.” (That’s a 104-mile round trip.)

Every week is Artists’ week for my friends here. I love being around them. It takes a village for so many things in life, including art. I am planning on ending the week the way we began: good food, vin ordinaire, great conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment