Monday, November 14, 2011

Rats Country: Here's a thought for Monday...

"For a moment everything was clear, and when that happens you see that the world is barely there at all.  Don't we all secretly know this?  It's a perfectly balance mechanism of shouts and echoes pretending to be wheels and cogs, a dreamclock chiming beneath a mystery-glass we call life...A universe of horror and loss surrounding a single lighted stage where mortals dance in defiance of the dark."

from Stephen King's new book, 11/22/63

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I like the quote. I read a review of the book in the Sunday Chronicle--do you want me to send it?
    Yesterday I finished The Waste Lands (The Dark Tower III) and will get Wizard and Glass (# IV) on Wednesday. Have you read the series of seven? It's been said IV is some of the best he's written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me and technology. I bought the book for my Kindle, downloaded it, but can't make it show up on my Kindle...

    ReplyDelete